One of the things we get the most comments about at Eden is the pickled mustard seed that we use to top our pork sausage dish. It is very simple, and you can make it at home in a couple of easy steps!
150g or 1/2 cup Brown Mustard Seed
75g or 1/4 cup Water
75g or 1/4 cup Champaign Vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
1) Wash oranges, zest and juice them.
2) Bring water, vinegar, and sugar to a boil in a small sauce pot.
3) Once boiling add mustard seed and orange juice and zest.
4) Turn down heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 1 minute.
5) Allow mixture to cool and refrigerate. Will last covered in the refrigerator for 1 week.